How will it work?
We welcome submissions from all types of innovators including for example startups, established companies, universities, urban planners, architects, NGOs and private individuals - regardless of their location. While we would be happy to see a lot of submissions from Berlin-based innovators, they will not be favoured by the jury in any way.
What's it all about?
Radbahn is an open invitation to innovate. We are keen on ensuring that various types of innovators, especially from Berlin, become an integral part of the project and benefit from the strong local, national and international interest in Radbahn. We want to secure the opportunity for these innovators to both showcase and test their innovative ideas with this landmark project running through the heart of Berlin.
To realise this vision, we are looking to expand the already wide base of companies and other organisations we work with. We are therefore now organising a competition called Radbahn + Innovators and invite you to submit your ideas to be included in the Radbahn concept.
What are we looking for?
All submitted proposals will be assessed against the following set of criteria:
- Innovativeness of the idea
- Suitability of the proposal and how well it will fit and integrate into the existing concept
- Added value the proposal brings into Radbahn, either in an urban context or local scale, from a perspective of sustainable mobility, safety, environment, economy, culture, communities etc.
- Cost-benefit considerations: is the added benefit the proposal brings in line with costs incurred?
- Readiness of the idea and/or probability of successful launch: what’s the current state of the proposal? An idea, prototype, MVP, in production etc.